5.27.2010

LOST?

Zachary had what I thought was his last Echo Cardiogram for the next year. Little did I know that when we went to Primary Children's Hospital on Thursday May 13, 2010 they would be calling me a week later telling me it was lost. WHAT? I called on the 14th and asked to hear the results and they just kept putting me off. Finally when we went to the Pediatric Infectious Disease Doctor the following Monday the receptionist told me they were having a problem retrieving it off the machine. So I asked if it was lost and of course I hear "Oh no they will get it off the machine just give them a couple days." Last Friday Primary Children's Hospital called me and left a message saying it was lost and sorry for the inconvenience. Like they know how inconvenient it was that is my child had to be sedated and couldn't walk with out falling over for at least 36 hours. And he screamed for a solid 4 hours after the procedure. They insisted that they use a different medicine on him.
Well long story short we went back up to Primary's on Monday and he was re sedated with the medicine they used at Utah Valley Hospital. (The whole reason we went to Primary's this time was Utah Valley thought they would have a hard time getting our insurance to cover it since they are not providers. I got my EOB from the insurance on Tuesday that said they covered it 100% at Utah Valley.) They called on Wednesday and said that there was no damage to his coronary arteries from the Kawasaki's Disease.
Thank God!
I am so grateful that there was no damage. They said that his dilated aorta looks about the same.
We went and met with the Cardiologist a couple weeks ago up at Primary's to talk about his congenital heart defects. They said that it's just something they will have to keep an eye on. He will need a annual Echo cardiogram and has no limitations on activity for now. The Dr. said that maybe when he is teenager he won't be able to play contact sports that he could get hit in the chest from. Good thing Jason and I are about the farthest thing from sports people as you can get!
I am so happy that Zach is CURED!!!!
According to the Pediatric Infectious Disease Doctor.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Great news! Lame about having to go through the procedure again, though.

McQuarrie's said...

Yea!!! So glad to hear that he is cured! Poor kid! It is about time you guys get to do something else besides go to the hospital ;) Zach was such a trooper through it all.

l said...

I agree VERY great news. I too would have been pissed if we had to redo a procedure like that. I wasn't nice the first time Liliana had the scope, I would have been flat out rude if they made us do it twice!

Glad to hear there is a ray of light right now. Let's hope things continue to improve!